Friday, August 14, 2009

My window's Mobile and my mothertoung


So finally I have created this blog .. thanks google !! it was really few click away from me :-)

Folks, these day's I am in love with my Window's mobile HTC P3400i, though it's an old and basic model for TouchScreen Windows Mobile it allures me to do a lot of experiments. Latest is adding language support to my mothertoung Marathi. Actually I am a regular visitor and contributor of few Marathi forums so did I needed it badly on my Pocket PC. I wanted to get rid of those annoying Square Boxes coming instead of my pretty language 's alphabets.
I have tried putting Mangal font in Fonts and tried using it, but hell !! it has created nothing but more problems with my poor pocket PC. Probably (I don't remember) whatever action I have taken for using Mangal on my Pocket PC has applied it to my Comm Manager's font only, Text on Comm Manager's interface changed to those cunning square brackets too. Till date I simply cannot use it.

As second try I asked THE google to help me out and surprisingly - as a wizard - he had come up with EyRon . I have downloaded a cab which after installation provided a devnagari (hindi) keyboard and necessary devnagari support to my PocketPC. After reboot EyRon installer asked for a registration code which you can get from here. Fortunately this have solved all my problems about browsing my favorite sites. I wonder how microsoft didn’t provided hindi or devnagari IME for Window's mobile .. anyways.. c u soon again with something interesting to share !



2 comments:

  1. Good one, do keep writing more frequently

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im agree with Nandan,
    Keep sharing your valuable experience and thoughts.
    Im waiting for something about .Net.

    ReplyDelete